Worried About Your Oral Health?
As part of our extensive dental examinations at Smile 312, we provide oral cancer screenings. Oral cancer is often treated successfully when detected at an early stage of development, which is why screenings can be so vital to one’s oral and overall health. Like any other cancer, oral cancer can be life threatening, so we take these screenings seriously. We do all we can to detect and treat oral cancers and other abnormalities at the earliest possible stage, so we check for all the following common symptoms of oral cancer:
- A persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent or lasting sore on the face, neck or mouth that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain or numbness in the face, neck or mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums, lips or other parts of the mouth
- Red, white or speckled red-and-white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
To get in touch with our professional and helpful team regarding oral cancer screenings in Chicago, Illinois, please call (312) 548-8500. We will gladly get you in for an appointment with our dentist, Dr. Harvey J. Mahler. Learn more about our general dental services like TMD treatment, dental cleanings, dental fillings, and gum disease treatment.