When visiting Smile 312 for a dental crown, Dr. Harvey J. Mahler first examines the severity of the damage or decay and determines whether a dental crown is in fact the best solution for your dental needs. Sometimes, a dental filling is an alternative solution. However, if a dental crown is the best treatment option, we then clean and prepare the tooth for the crown to be custom-fitted. You can also choose the material of your new crown, as it can be made of gold, porcelain or porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns are by far the most popular choice as they closely match the natural color and appearance of teeth.
Placed over the top of a previously damaged or decayed tooth, a dental crown in Chicago, Illinois, provides needed strength, structure and function to the tooth. Our dentist can use dental crowns for a number of restorative and cosmetic reasons, including:
- To protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- To anchor and attach a dental bridge
- To cover and complete a dental implant
- To enhance the beauty of your smile
- To improve a misshapen tooth
- To strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weak
- To support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
If you are interested in learning more about dental crowns or would like to schedule a visit to our office, please call (312) 548-8500 today! We look forward to caring for you.