Dental Implants Chicago
We’ll Create a Smile That Can Last a Lifetime
Implant dentistry is a popular restorative solution that millions of adults in the United States are already enjoying. Discovering how beneficial and life-changing these permanent prosthetics can be, many individuals are embracing the idea of complete tooth replacement as opposed to solutions that only replace the visible portions of teeth. Dr. Mahler works closely with local specialists who will place your dental implants, but he remains in control of the entire process, ensuring that you walk away with results that are truly one of a kind. If you are considering dental implants to replace your missing teeth, call us to schedule a complimentary consultation today for dental implants in Chicago.
Why Choose Smile 312 General Cosmetic Implant Dentistry for Dental Implants?
- Surgical Guide Creation for Seamless Placement
- Dentist Who Partners with Local Implant Specialists
- Mahler Remains in Control to Ensure Patients’ Needs are Met
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are customized prosthetics that fuse with the jawbone to establish a solid foundation for new smiles. Highly versatile in their ability to treat all types of tooth loss, they can support crowns, bridges, and dentures, delivering optimal bite force for improved eating habits, greater speech clarity to eliminate slurring, and superior confidence that is evident when surrounded by others.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
When seeking Dr. Mahler’s help to address your tooth loss, you should not expect your treatment plan to be the same as someone else’s. However, you can prepare to go through the same four-step process that is required for all dental implant patients:
- Initial Dental Implant Consultation – You will meet with Dr. Mahler to discuss the status of your oral and overall health and jawbone density. Based on his thorough examination and digital images taken of your oral and facial structures, he will determine if you can receive dental implants right away or if you must wait, as additional treatments may be necessary (i.e., bone grafting, gum disease treatment, etc.).
- Dental Implant Surgery – Dr. Mahler will create a surgical guide that will be used during the placement process; however, he will work closely with an implant dentist who will perform the actual oral surgery.
- Dental Implant Osseointegration/Abutment – Once your dental implants are firmly in place, osseointegration will occur, fusing the implants with the bone. After 4-6 months of healing, you will receive the metal connectors (abutments) that will fit over your implants and help hold your restoration in place.
- Delivery of Dental Implant Restoration(s) – The final step is receiving your custom restoration. This may be a crown, bridge, or denture depending on how many of your teeth need to be replaced.
Benefits of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants cannot be overlooked, especially when compared to other more traditional forms of tooth replacement. With their full root-to-crown restorative ability, dental implants make it easy to live and enjoy life with a complete smile again. Whether it is eating your favorite foods, feeling good about the way you look, speaking without slurring your words, or knowing that your smile is designed to last for decades or even a lifetime, you will not find the same kind of advantages anywhere else.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
If you are missing at least one tooth, you can expect that Dr. Mahler and our team will work hard to prepare your existing smile for dental implants. During your consultation, we will evaluate whether you can move forward with oral surgery right away or if you must wait. Many patients require additional treatment because of gum disease, bone resorption, or even severe decay. But there is no need to worry, as we will make sure you fully understand the timeline for your treatment as well as what must be done to create a healthier environment for your dental implants.
Missing One Tooth
When missing only one tooth, we will prepare a plan that uses one dental implant post as well as a customized crown. Its placement within the socket will not only fill the gap but also improve the way you eat, speak, and smile.
Missing Multiple Teeth
If you are missing two or more consecutive teeth in a row, an implant bridge can be put into place so that none of your remaining healthy teeth are altered. The implant dentist will focus solely on the vacant sockets, placing two implant posts for optimal support. We’ll then position and secure the custom bridge in place to complete your smile.
Missing All of Your Teeth
To treat an entire row of missing teeth, we can turn to implant dentures that consist of 4-6 implant posts that support a customized denture. Requiring no natural suction or messy adhesives, this form of treatment remains in place because of the fusing of your implants with the bone tissues. Once healed, a complete denture will be secured so that you can begin to experience life with a full set of teeth again.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
It is natural for the cost of dental implants to be a concern. Price is often the first thing patients think about when learning they need some form of dental care. But at Smile 312 General Cosmetic Implant Dentistry, Dr. Mahler will remind you of the investment you are making in your smile when choosing dental implants. Instead of paying for denture adhesives and regular replacements every few years, you’ll enjoy a smile that lasts longer and eliminates the worry that often comes with other forms of tooth replacement. Our team will work to maximize your available benefits so that you can worry less about the cost of your care.